Skin treatment tips:
- Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser such as Dove® sensitive skin, CeraVe®, Cetaphil® or Vanicream™. If skin is severely flared, you can just use plain water (applying cleanser only to underarms and privates). Avoid extremely hot water as this can dry out the skin.
- Pat your skin dry.
- Immediately (within three minutes) apply a gentle moisturizing cream or ointment (NOT lotion) to all of your skin:
Cetaphil® cream Petroleum jelly (e.g., Vaseline® ointment)
Vanicream™ skin cream Vaniply®
AVEENO® cream Aquaphor®
CeraVe® cream WaxeleneTM
- Reapply moisturizer at least once more daily.
- Avoid use of alcohol on the skin.
Additional tips for patients with sensitive skin:
- Use a detergent that does not contain fragrances (e.g., All® Free and Clear, Tide® Free & Gentle, etc.)
- Avoid dryer sheets. These tend to have a lot of fragrances.
Please call 918-340-6539 with any questions or concerns.
Dermatologist Tulsa, OK
Call us today to set up an appointment 918.340.6539
11911 S. Oxford Ave Suite 200 • Tulsa 74137
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm Tuesday - Friday