Changes due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
In these unprecedented times, we want to do everything we can to safely and effectively provide our patients with the dermatologic care they need. Though we resumed cosmetic visits as well as all non-urgent surgical visits in May 2020, we do still offer teledermatology (i.e., phone, photo and/or video call visit) when this option is desired by the patient and it is appropriate (e.g., acne, some rashes, etc.). Teledermatology visits are limited in that procedures cannot be performed so skin exams, lesion checks, and rashes or growths that may require biopsy must be seen in person.
For in-person visit is needed we are utilizing additional safety measures including more frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, spacing appointments to facilitate social distancing, using protective equiptment when indicated, and monitoring ourselves and those who enter the practice for any concerning symptoms.
If you are ill and have a fever, cough or other respiratory or flu-like symptoms (e.g., runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache):
Please cancel your appointment (918-340-6539) and seek appropriate medical care.
If you have these symptoms and think you have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your primary care physician. If you know you have been exposed to COVID-19 but do not have symptoms, please see link for the CDC’s recommendations.
Additionally, if you are ill and have a fever, cough or other respiratory or flu-like symptoms or have had known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please:
- DO NOT go to the emergency room (ER) unless you have an emergency. Going to the ER when not needed may lead to unnecessary exposure AND strain resources needed for truly sick patients. See here for some of the emergency symptoms seen with COVID-19.
- Call your primary care physician’s office and notify them of your symptoms. They should advise you on appropriate next steps.
- If you do not have a primary physician or you elect to go to an urgent care, CALL BEFORE ARRIVAL to let them know your symptoms, recent travel and COVID-19 exposure history. For the safety of staff and other patients, many clinics are having people with suspected COVID-19 cases wait in their car upon arrival so they can be allowed in the facility with measures to reduce exposure to others.
- If you KNOW you’re infected with COVID-19, see CDC link here for what to do and follow the advice of your physician.
For those with in person appointments at VibrantSkin, we ask that upon arrival you:
- Call 918-340-6539 from your vehicle to let us know you are here. We are staggering entry and exit to limit exposure to others. We will advise you when to come in the building.
- If you need to refill a prescription or product that we dispense from the office, please call and we will prepare it for you so that you can quickly pick it up. (Remember that all prescriptions require approval of Dr. Buster prior to refill.) If desired, advance payment over the phone can be made to facilitate even more rapid check out. Remember that many of our products can be purchased online here. Additional products may be available online in the near future, but prescriptions will still require pick up from the office.
Please be advised that given this fluid and rapidly evolving situation, our actions and recommendations will change as needed so please call with any questions or concerns or for the most up to date information relevant to our practice. For the latest information on COVID-19 from the OK State Department of Health, please call 817-215-8336 or go to their COVID-19 web page here.